Bring Nonfiction to Life!
TrueFlix is an online, 100% nonfiction literacy resource that leverages Scholastic’s award-winning True Book series with related video content. Students build knowledge of subject-area content through paired videos and ebooks while sharpening important literacy skills.
Web-based installation for anytime, anywhere access
Relevant, engaging, and culturally-appropriate content
Interactive Whiteboard compatible for whole-class or small-group instruction
Watch the Video
TrueFlix delivers science and social studies content in an accessible, engaging process with introductory
videos to build background knowledge before students read the accompanying ebook.
- Students choose from 50+ subject-area topics like Disasters, Ancient Civilizations, or Space
- Nonfiction videos build a mental model for the accompanying eBook content
- Unlimited access allows students to review the content at any time to boost their memory
Read the Book
An accompanying ebook provides a detailed overview of the topic to deepen understanding and spark further interest.
- Optional read-along features include word-by-word highlighting and narrated support
- Clickable vocabulary definitions are available in every eBook
- Flipbook version of the printed True Book with page-turning capability and chapter tabs
Every topic includes student activities to extend instruction, soft assessments, and resources that support a variety of implementations.
- Optional research projects are perfect for an in-class activity or homework assignment
- Related web links broaden understanding and spark further research
- Soft assessments and a word matching games let students demonstrate their understanding
- Downloadable lesson plans support implementation and instruction of specific content