Model Guided Reading Classroom
Teacher works with one small group of students at a time while students rotate from one activity or literacy center to another
Carefully leveled books in all Guided Reading Programs
Find the right books for your classroom using the A to Z Guided Reading Leveling System. Use this chart as a basis for average classrooms and add levels to meet the needs of your student population
A classroom layout similar to the model to the left, the teacher works with one small group of students at a time while students rotate from one activity or literacy center to another.
NEW! Nonfiction Focus 2nd Edition:
More nonfiction than ever!
(80% nonfiction, 20% fiction)
Teacher’s Guide featuring NEW sections addressing:
- Common Core State Standards
- Prompts and strategies to support problem-solving
- Analysis of Informational Text Features
No title overlap among Guided Reading Programs or 1st Edition!
Guided Reading Short Reads
Build your student’s content area knowledge while improving their reading comprehension skills with leveled short informational texts for grades K-6. Each level of the program offers a range of informational topics and 10 distinct text types. These texts feature powerful lessons, giving all K-6 students a unique and effective way to master increasingly complex nonfiction titles.
- Texts that increase in complexity across Guided Reading levels A-Z
- Critical Science & Social Studies content
- A variety of text types such as encyclopedia, fact books, essays, and more!
- Academic and theme specific vocabulary
- In-depth comprehension and writing activities
Guided Reading Individual Levels
Build or add to your classroom library by purchasing sets of authentic leveled books by Guided Reading level. Refer to the leveling chart below and base your selection of books on levels appropriate for your students, as well as genre, text type, and theme.
Each level includes:
- 60 Books (10 titles; 6 copies each)
- Teacher’s guide detailing Guided Reading instructional approach and assessment and observation tools
- 10 Teaching Cards with instructional suggestions for each title
- Leveling Stickers to organize your leveled library
- Red plastic storage bins
Guided Reading 6-Book Sets
Designed for independent reading, paired reading or small-group guided instruction, these sets will help educators tailor instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Six copies of each title with each pack to support small group instruction
- A selection of different titles from each Guided Reading Level, A to Z